iMath extension for Openoffice.org
The iMath extension to Openoffice.org enables numeric and symbolic calculations inside a Writer document. The development of iMath was prompted by a problem which I often encountered doing calculations in my profession as a mechanical engineer. I would first begin writing out the problem on paper, putting together the necessary equations, and then turn to a spreadsheet to do the actual calculations. iMath is meant to integrate this process in a single OOo text document.
iMath makes use of the EQC library. Linux users will have to install this first. Windows users might need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (search for "vcredist" on the Microsoft website). Please make sure to choose matching versions according to the info below!
If your operating system can install .deb packages, have a look at my PPA.
Due to the OpenOffice/LibreOffice and Windows/Linux divide, sadly not everything works as it should. Known working configurations are:
- iMath 2.0.4 on Ubuntu 13.10 with LO 4.1 and libeqc 1.4.11
- iMath 2.0.4 on Windows 7x64 with LO 4.1 and MS VC++ 2010 redist
- iMath 2.0.3 on Windows XP 2003 with LO 4.0 and MS VC++ 2010 redist
- iMath 2.0.3 on Ubuntu 12.04 with LO 4.0 and libeqc 1.4.10
- iMath 2.0.2 on Windows 7x64 with LO 4.0.1 and MS VC++ 2010 redist
- iMath 2.0.2 on Windows 7x64 with LO 220.127.116.11 and MS VC++ 2010 redist
- iMath 2.0.0 on Windows 7x64 with LO 3.5.1 and MS VC++ 2010 redist
- iMath 2.0.2 on Ubuntu 12.04 with LO 3.5 and libeqc 1.4.8
- iMath 2.0.0 on Ubuntu 11.10 with LO 3.4 and libeqc 1.4.5
- iMath 2.0.0 on Windows XP 2003 with LO 3.4 and MS VC++ 2010 redist